Plugged Sewer Regina – Regina has a lot of rotting, disintegrating cast iron sewer lines which are falling apart beneath the ground. Watch our short video below to see the hazards of rotting cast iron sewer lines. When these lines fail – sewage will begin to backup into your home. For this reason – Duke Sewer Service recommends that home buyers request an independent sewer line inspection – BEFORE buying a home.
In the video shown below – Duke Sewer was hired by a real estate agent to inspect the sewer line and – after discovering that the sewer line was disintegrating – Duke Sewer promptly failed the sewer. The real estate then hired another “inspector” who “passed” the sewer. Not surprisingly, the new homeowner experienced a plugged sewer which backed up into the home. Eventually, Duke Sewer Service was hired back to the same home to fix the sewer line.
Dealing with a plugged sewer is an unpleasant and potentially unhealthy experience. A home’s service line (also known as a sewer lateral) runs from the house to the mainline sewer in the street. The property owner is responsible for maintaining the service line from the home to the property line.
Preventing Health Problems from a Plugged Sewer or Sewer Backup:
- Turn off all power to eliminate electrical hazards.
- Keep children and pets away from the area.
- Avoid contact with sewage or items contaminated by sewage. Wear gloves, boots and rain gear during cleanup.
- Hose down the contaminated area if possible, and wear goggles or safety glasses if you use a hose for cleanup.
- Protect cuts and scrapes and immediately wash a wound that comes in contact with sewage.
- Wash all surfaces with hot, soapy water.
- Disinfect all surfaces with a solution of one part household bleach to ten parts water.
- Discard saturated wall-to-wall carpet and pad.
- Wash and disinfect clothing and supplies used in cleaning up.
- For professional help, contact a reputable sewer specialist like Duke Sewer Service.
Duke Sewer Service offers Complete Sewer Service, Inspections, and Repairs to the Regina area and throughout Southern Saskatchewan.
- Plugged Sewers
- Toilets & Sinks
- Showers & Tubs
- Floor Drains
- And More